HAPPY2012 everyone. I trust you all had a brilliant time over Christmas and New Year?
I thought I’d begin this new year with a look back at some of the trans-stories that have were reported during 2011.
I have merely brought together in a single list some of the stories on the subject. It goes without saying that there have been far too many stories covered in the world’s news media to be able to list every single story. Besides that would probably bore you to death!
So instead I’ve listed a selection of the (hopefully) more interesting ones.
- Mom of ‘princess boy’ speaks out (video).
- Labour’s first transgender candidate tells of bullying hell at hands of police colleagues
- Crossdressing teacher causes a stir
- Court rules in favour of transgender editor at Legislature
- Obama says US to stand up for LGBT rights abroad
- Escalating police violence and transgender people
- County Council approves historic bill protecting transgendered from discrimination
- Macy’s worker reportedly fired for not allowing transgender shopping into dressing room